Facebook is now the largest site on the internet with over 500 million users and tipped to top 1.2 million by March, 2011!
Facebook users spend about 50 minutes daily on the site using the wall, checking with their favourite brands looking for specials, contests, and information – having a Facebook presence is no longer an option.
Facebook offers so many options now for brands to create massive awareness of their business, services and products in just a few minutes a day:
- you can import your blog posts to through various plugins, services and using Facebook Notes RSS
- you can run contests, do surveys of all kinds and have each offer shared between other Facebook users
- you can post your specials and if their appealing enough users will spread the news for you
- you can post your own videos, audios, information, comments, posts, images and so can your brand “Likers” (fans)
- BEST OF ALL – you can develop a rich relationship with your Likers earn their trust and respect and have them support you and your business as brand advocates
This is the time of social business, the more social you business is the more it wins the race to create brand advocates and evangelists. Now there is a level playing field for all business no matter if you are a micro- business, solo-preneur or large corporation your business has to create relationships with your audience in the same way, using the same tools and starting with zero ‘Likers’.
This is great news for small and micro businesses and even better news for medium sized businesses as now they can honestly compete with the big guns. Using Facebook correctly is a priority, understanding the etiquette and rules of social media even more of a priority, having a plan – your first priority!
Random Acts of Facebook Marketing just will not do!
If you need help with any of this, flick Saucy Social Media an email and we will help you step safely through the minefield of Facebook and social media best practice with ease and style