I do love WordPress and just in time for my WordPress4Biz Workshop this week on the Sunshine Coast here are a list of reasons why I love WordPress to build a site or blog and it doesn’t matter to me how big or small your company is WordPress can do the job:
1. WordPress is free and open source which means you can grab it at any time for free and know that it is going to be updated and upgraded constantly keeping up with the changes on the web and adding new functionality and security on a constant basis.
2. WordPress is the SEO king! just ask Matt Cutts head Google engineer who chooses WordPress for this own site, watch him talk about SEO and WordPress here on his own blog: http://www.mattcutts.com/blog/seo-for-bloggers/
3. WordPress Plugins are being created all the time to add more functionality to your site, basically this means your site can do pretty much anything you want or need it to do. Plugins allow you to add great photo galleries, sliders, shopping carts, forums, maps, and more great functionality. There’s a searchable, one-click install directory of plugins (think App Store for WordPress).
4. The intuitive, user-friendly CMS (Content Management System) dashboard of WordPress is probably what made it so famous in the first place. I always tell my clients, “if you can do it in Word, you can do it in WordPress.”
5. At any time you can use WordPress as a blog or just add a fully integrated blog to your site and this one fact, the blended php blogging platform adds so much in SEO and ranking authority to your whole site you’ll wonder why you chose anything else as your site software.
6. With the design elements stored in a different location to the content you can safely update your site design at any time without disrupting your content, change themes, add CSS, add new sidebars or custom page elements to your site and your content remains safely where you put it.
7. WordPress automatically creates an RSS Feed of your content ready for your readers to subscribe to, an absolute essential for social media integration.
8. Using plugins and widgets, easy enough for even a total beginner to use, you can simply add social media integration in just a few minutes.
9. WordPress is built on PHP coding which is clean, efficient and readable by almost every web browser and mobile apps, so your site can be read on the go by anyone using the net.
10. Building a business website on WordPress allows you to update your own website without a webmaster or designer. Many content management systems cost thousands of dollars and are clunky to use. Because WordPress has an army of people who are constantly making it better, it’s a snap to do it yourself.
11. There are a ton of ready made themes and templates available for free and premium themes are also available ready made with heaps of added functionality, design options and more. Makes it easy to get your site looking just the way you want it to.
12. There is literally a ton of tutorials, step-by-step video training and support everywhere you look on the web, including the WordPress developers site and forum itself.
13. WordPress supports multiple users with a variety of access options giving you full control over users and how much they can do on your site.
14. WordPress is very easy to install and to configure, in fact some web hosting companies even sell web space with WordPress installed on it, or with a 1 click install. The point is that everyone can start a WordPress site.
15. It’s easy to use, add images, add video, integrate social media, update and move, and can be configured to do almost anything – what more could you ask for.