Well over the past few weeks I have been watching Facebook tweek and change lots of smaller areas of every experience on Facebook. Have you noticed?
Here is a shortlist of just some of the changes I have noticed that will impact your FB experiences:
- The photo viewer is now white! and the Close Lightbox (X) is further out. Note you can still click refresh to be taken to the original page view of the image for downloading or viewing pleasure. lol
- Huge changes to Privacy and the new Tab privacy settings see a list of them on this Privacy Settings page on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=privacy
- If you can’t find your Video button it has now been hidden under photo’s
- The Link button is gone and now all you do is add the link to the comment for it to auto-magically upload the link preview.
- Did you know that you can now @ Tag any page whether you have Liked it or not? Well you can.
- New Comment Box - Now you can Tag friends from your desktop computer not just your mobile phone, add a location and see the new privacy settings for posting – all of this in the image on this page. Note: everyone is now called Public (shades of G+ coming in here) lol
- You can now go back and change the privacy settings on old posts, you may want to limit them now to ‘Just Friends’ or have them go public, yes retroactive changes are here!
There are a few other smaller updates, but you may or may not be impacted by them or even notice them, and sometimes they come and go, as Facebook test things out. If you have not noticed some of these it is because they have not rolled out as far as you yet, but they are coming